There are plenty of homemade peppermint patty recipes available, but a lot of them are shockingly full of sugar. Some are even made with corn syrup.
I’ve also seen a number of low carb patties but a lot of them are made with cream cheese because of the base. I desired something much less tangy and more authentic.
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT PARTIES
So I opted for coconut oil with the addition of a touch coconut cream to make it greater creamy.
This is a combo I come across a while back while making some dairy unfastened frosting for peppermint brownie bites.
It comes collectively like buttercream and it’s so tasty. It’s quite tender when heat however it hardens up nicely in the fridge.
This sugar-free peppermint patties recipe.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil barely softened
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (or the thick part from a can of coconut milk)
- half cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 – 2 tsp peppermint oil or extract (depends on how minty you want it)
- three oz sugar loose darkish chocolate chopped
- half of the ounce cocoa butter (or 1 tbsp coconut oil)
- In a medium bowl, beat the coconut oil and coconut cream together till clean. Beat in the powdered sweetener and 1 teaspoon of the peppermint extract.
- Taste and upload more extract if preferred.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Dollop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto the paper and spread out to a 1 half-inch circle.
- Repeat with the final mixture and freeze until firm approximately 2 hours.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of slightly simmering water, soften the chocolate and cacao butter together, stirring till smooth. Remove from heat.
- Working with one frozen patty at a time, drop into the melted chocolate and toss to coat. Lift out with a fork and faucet firmly on the facet of the bowl to cast off extra chocolate.
- Place on a wax or parchment paper covered tray and let set. Repeat with the closing patties.